We have decided to add Photographing a Wedding in Portland, ME to our “Shaw Photography Bucket List.” This is our second time visiting Portland, ME and even though it rained 66% of the time we were there, we loved it even more than the first time. There is something so alluring about it. Maybe it’s the walkability. or the sunrise. or the coast. or the portland headlight. or the friends we got to catch up with along the way. or the oh so delicious food. or the beer. Whatever it is, we want more! So if you, or anyone you know, is getting married in Portland, ME, you know where to find us. Read below to find our recommendations from both of our visits.
Here are a few of our iphone photos from our adventures in Portland as well as a small list of places to visit compiled from our last two visits.
A weekend in Portland, ME
1) Cape Elizabeth oh the beauty!
2) Street and Company we had one of the most wonderful dinners here with old friends.
3) Portland Headlight perhaps the most photographed lighthouse in America? we get it. & you will to. we promise.
4) Greetings from Portland, ME Street Art! Oh how we love thee!
5) El Rayo Taqueria : Stop in for a light lunch. $1.00 Oysters on Mondays!
6) Our Air BnB Perfect location. Clean & Bright
7) Harbor Fish Market : Buy fresh lobster, have them cook it for you, take it to go
8) Peak’s Island bring your lobster here and eat it on the shore!
9) Allagash Brewery One of our favorite brewery tours ever!
10) Gotham Bikes If the weather permits, rent & ride for a day!
11) The Great Lost Bear : On your way back from Allagash stop by. Wonderful beer selection!
12) Po’ Boys & Pickles no explanation really needed. well…if we must….get the pickles.
13) First Friday Try & schedule your trip to be in Portland, ME on the first Friday of the month. In the evening, the city’s artists, galleries, and arts venues open up their doors for an art walk. We were lucky enough to catch it on our first visit!
14) Miyake Sushi : On vacation we try to only go to new restaurants but we’ve eaten at a few of the locations 4 times in 2 visits. It’s that good.
15) Duckfat Stop in for a beer & poutine
16) The Holy Donut : Dark Chocolate Sea Salt. Do it.
17) Fore Street make a reservation if you plan to go here.
If you want to see photos from our last visit, go here.