Are you looking to Elope or get married in the Catskills? The Catskills are one of our favorite areas to visit and more recently one of the places we think is perfect to have an intimate wedding in New York State.
The Catskills are in southeast New York State, only a few hours from New York City and about 4-6 hours from Western New York. With rich hiking, gorgeous scenery, and endless lakes and waterfalls, The Catskills are the perfect place to get married or elope and spend a long getaway weekend for your guests!
If you live in New York City, and are looking for an elopement getaway that is within easy driving distance, the Catskills and Hudson Valley are two of our favorite locations. Eloping in the Hudson Valley is something you won’t regret! There are quaint little towns throughout, with plenty of places to stay. There are many towns ranging from 90 minutes to 2 hours from New York City in the region.
We compiled our favorite list of where to Elope in the Catskills and Hudson Valley!
- Scribner’s Catskill Lodge is our first vote of where to elope in the Catskills. If you pick a weekday in the early fall, it’s sure to be quiet here and there is a heated pool! Just note the restaurant is closed on Monday’s and Tuesdays so eloping on a Wednesday might be ideal. Scribner’s mountain lodge is thoughtfully designed and has delicious food.
- The Graham and Co. is located in Phoenicia, New York and there are plenty of places nearby that you could elope near the Esopus Creek and grab a bite to eat at the Phoenicia Diner after!
- For a pretty view, if you’re adventurous, there is a popular hike (weekday would be advisable) where you could get married on the top of a mountain!
- If you’re in for a longer but moderate hike, you could get married somewhere near Kaaterskill Falls. Kaaterskill Falls is a two-drop waterfall, with plenty of breath-taking spots to say I Do.
- Stay and elope outside somewhere like the Fox Fire Mountain House in The Catskills! This home Photographs great with pretty light!
- Hudson, New York is one of our favorite towns in the Catskills. If you could find a beautiful park to elope in outside of the town, the town itself is full of great food and shopping. One restaurant to eat your wedding night meal at would be Fish and Game. Hudson, New York is just a few hours drive from NYC, so guests can fly in if they are out of town. Or, you can hop in your car and elope on a Friday after work!
Resorts and Homes:
- You could book any one of these houses and elope right on site in the backyard. Some are dog-friendly and some even have a pool! This is the perfect idea for an intimate wedding, where you want your guests to stay on site.
- Emerson Resort near Mount Tremper is perfect and also has an on-site spa! Plus, it is only 2 hours from New York City, perfect for out of town guests!
- Mohonk Mountain House, New Paltz is another famous location that is constantly rated one of the most romantic spots in New York. From their website, ” 90 miles north of New York City. Surrounded by 40,000 acres of pristine forest, our National Historic Landmark resort offers farm-to-table cuisine and an award-winning spa. “
- The Bull and Garland , located in Hobart, New York, is a restaurant/small hotel that you could stay on, elope on site (or a nearby park), and have a delicious meal right afterward.